I read: The Good Girl by Mary Kubica.

by - 2:00 AM

Hey frens!

I know I've been gone for a month. My silly excuse is that I've been busy with uni. Not, that I have daily readers wondering where I am but today, I feel inspired so decided to get some writing done. Blogging is like my long lost hobby which I'm trying to reconnect. I've decided to update it weekly. 

As you read before this series is called "I read." Well, I'm considering changing it into "I read... sometimes." Guess what? I'm back into reading. I've always liked reading specially novels but the past year I was really busy with work, throwing my kindle away in the first drawer I saw. (Yes, I prefer to read on digital instead of paper. I'm that girl). I picked it up a few weeks ago when I went back to uni as a full-time student to read while I had free time. 

The Good Girl. To be honest I started this book early 2016 and I'm ashamed to say that I just finished it yesterday. I'm the laziest-worst reader ever. I'm sorry. However, this book still has me SHOOK as you kids say these days. 

Poorly described plot in 1... 2... 3...

This book is about a girl (Mia) who was abducted and falls in love with her kidnapper (Owen/Colin). You can say Stockholm Syndrome all you want but it isn't like that. Owen/Colin was supposed to pick up Mia at a bar and deliver her to a different guy (Dalmar). Since he thought that they would kill her, at the last minute he decided to runaway with her as a captive. They obviously spent a long time together since they needed to disappear so Dalmar wouldn't find and kill them. At one point it was about survival because they were hiding on a log cabin in the Winter. 

It is written from 3 point of views: Eve (Mia's mom), Gabe (The detective working on Mia's case) and Colin also known as Owen (The kidnapper). I found it odd that there wasn't a POV for Mia since she is the protagonist and I truly wanted to know her thoughts but at the end I understood that it wasn't necessary and the book was fine without it. 

The last few chapters were intriguing but it was the Epilogue who got me real bad. I regret that it took me so long to finish this book but if you are looking for a thriller please choose this one! I absolutely loved this book. If you read it comment below so we can fangirl. HERE is the link to Amazon. Check it out.
I do not own this photo. Fair use only.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios