Why I prefer eBooks rather than Physical Books.

by - 9:00 AM


Hi everyone!

I know what you are thinking, how's this possible? Don't you enjoy the smell of a new/old book? Feeling and flipping the pages?

Well, I started reading proper books back when I saw Twilight's trailer and I remember thinking "I need to read this." The first novel I read if my memory doesn't fail me. Before that I used to read a bunch of Jonas Brother's fanfics which of course were online. Anyways, I'm not used to physical books because pretty much all the books I've read they were always on my computer or an old tablet my family had laying around. I'm not going to lie, my eyes were tireeeeed. I had to stop from time to time or take naps in order to continue.

When I got my first job ever, I decided to stop playing around and got a Kindle. Best decision ever. I can't believe I used to think they were useless/not worth it because they were just for reading and "I could do that with my phone or a regular tablet instead of investing on a Kindle." I'm glad I've grown out of it.

The real question is: Why I prefer eBooks rather than Physical Books?

The most important reason: I can carry a bunch of books at the same time without losing a shoulder with my bag. Sometimes, you just don't feel like reading certain book but still want to read something other than your phone. Specially when you are 5'2 like me and struggling to carry anything but your own weight.

Don't get me wrong I love physical books... as decor (I know, I know, I'm sorry). I'm a sucker for cute covers. I'd love to have a huge bookshelf one day with all the books I've read in my living-room. I feel like if someone visits me they would be great conversation starters plus I love giving recommendations. I got a few so far, I've bought some physical books, I'm not a complete monster hahaha. Luckily back then and now, technology has been kind enough to bless me with eBooks so I can't complain.

I wish I were more into physical books? Of course, I love the old school feeling to it but right now my Kindle is my best friend. What about you, do you prefer eBooks as me? or Do you prefer Physical Books? If you have time, tell me why. ☺

You May Also Like

14 comentarios

  1. I am the same when it comes to books! I prefer an ebook because it's lighter to carry around and all. It's such a hassle having to carry all the extra weight! Glad you're loving your Kindle :).

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a lot for reading, Nancy! I'm glad you like eBooks as me, that extra weight physical books give isn't easy at all. xx

      Delete
  2. I think when I have a book shelf to fill I’d like real books as like you say they are a great conversation starter but for the time being I’m ebooks for the convenience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

      Delete
  3. I'm only 5ft so I totally get you with the struggling to carry everything around with you thing, BUT I love a physical book, I can never concentrate enough to read the full thing when I try to read it on an ereader. I think my eyes are glad of the screen break as well! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you. At first it used to be so hard for me to concentrate while reading on a tablet but since I got my Kindle that isn't a problem anymore. As a glasses user myself I can assure your eyes love the break from a screen. Thanks for stopping by Sophie ♥

      Delete
  4. This is a super interesting perspective! I do agree that eBooks are much easier to transport...especially if you travel a lot and want a larger variety of books!
    -Kate // http://www.classyandkate.com/how-i-keep-my-skin-healthy-in-the-summer/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, for me that is the winning point. Thanks for taking time to comment, Kate! xx ♥

      Delete
  5. I definitely prefer physical books rather than reading on electronic devices but I have yet to try out a kindle so I can’t say how I would feel about kindle in comparison to a physical book!
    I totally agree with your points though! Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you, Huda! If you ever get the chance try it out, that device makes my life so much better. Thank you for commenting! xx ♥

      Delete
  6. I got you on this! I agree, i wish I could also read more from physical books than in ebooks. The convenience and wide variety are both definitely big factors in play. Great post!

    Ellaine | In Betweens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They are way much easier to get than physical books, just a click away. Thank you for stopping by Ellaine! ♥

      Delete
  7. I am exactly the same as you!! I love the feel and aesthetic of physical books, but the practicality of ebooks is just a total winner - plus I love how they're cheaper and better for the environment too.

    Heather xoxo
    https://www.hefafa.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! We are on the same page. Thank you a lot for commenting Heather! ♥

      Delete