New Year's Resolutions 2018: Update.

by - 9:00 AM


Hii guys! 

Can you believe we are already 6 months in (almost 7) 2018? It's crazy how time flies. Quite scary to be honest. Anyways a few days ago, I opened up my New Year's Resolutions post (check it out so you don't feel a little bit lost on this one) and decided to confirm if I'm on the right path or changed my mind and gave up. Here's a little update on how I'm doing so far. 

  1. Drink more water. I can't believe I'm actually doing great on this one. To be honest it isn't about the resolution, it is more about the heat that I'm living on this Caribbean Island. It is crazy! You have to drink a lot of water wether you want or not, the heat wave is insane. 
  2. Organize myself. I've been doing a lot of "to do lists." I guess the satisfaction of ticking each task as done is helping me. Also, I keep track of all the things I need in one place, that's a big change, comparing to last year. I had notes everywhere and couldn't find them easily.
  3. Blog more. This is a tough one. Sometimes I want to create new posts but I feel like I have nothing to talk about. So far I'm trying to write about things I really like/enjoy and not worry much about it.
  4. Learn how to play the Ukulele. I haven't been practicing as much as I should. I've grabbed the Uke a few times while on summer break but not enough. Currently struggling with Em and barre notes. Now, I want a capo to learn a few songs I've been dying to play.
  5. Travel around the country. I'm really trying on this one but I'm not sure if I actually do it since I hate asking for money especially "to go out" kind of money. I hate being a full time student with no time to work.
  6. Go to Electric Paradise, and maybe Barbarella. This one will be completed on December but I already went to Barbarella this year. So far 50/50.
  7. Stop procrastinating uni work. I've improved a lot with this one, specially because my mind won't leave me alone overthinking and worrying if I leave everything for the last second. However, I feel like I could do better. 
  8. Drink less Coca Cola. My mom's making this one impossible since she gets soda every sunday for lunch. 
  9. Try to be less shy. Well I made new friends, I guess that counts. Do I keep sending anyone who's with me to ask any stranger something that I want to know? e.g. a service? I still do 😞
  10. Make new friends or colleagues at uni. I'm a bit proud of myself on this one. I've met a lot of new people on the same year as me which is great. They're pretty cool. I consider a few of them as friends and people I can rely on. I've learnt who I can work with and who I can't. Although it sounds bad, that's the reality, I need people on the same page as me regarding uni work.
After proof-reading I realized I still have a lot of work to do and 6 month-ish left. 😆



Photo Cred: 
Ukulele photo by rawpixel on Unsplash
Coca-Cola photo by Pablo Merchán Montes on Unsplash
Planner photo by STIL on Unsplash

You May Also Like

8 comentarios

  1. Yay sounds like you're doing well so far! Drink more water and stop procrastinating were two of mine this year too, and so far so good! I hope you continue to reach your goals, great post! x

    Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Evie! Keep it up. I will definitely work harder. Thank you a lot for stopping by. ♥ xx

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how fast time is flying by! It's great that you're keeping yourself hydrated - your body will thank you later. It's great that you've been practicing the ukulele. It takes practice to become good - and you're doing great. Oh man, I can relate to you about drinking soda. I'm trying to cut out meat but my mom always cook it XD.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't wait for the day I can proudly say I play the uke properly hahaha. Oh moms hahaha they are the best, we have to stay strong. Thank you for taking time to read Nancy! xx

      Delete
  3. This was so lovely to read about your progress on your resolutions - sounds like you're doing a fab job so far so congrats!! Best of luck for keeping it up for the rest of the year!

    Heather xoxo
    https://www.hefafa.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! I really appreciate it. ♥

      Delete
  4. I can't believe we're halfway through the year! Time flies~

    It's good that you're keeping up with hydrating yourself! I've been doing the same!
    Blogging more seems like a hard one. I definitely had that as my New Year's Resolution as well, but it was difficult because of school, work, and sometimes not even having motivation or topics to blog about.

    Wish you the best of luck to complete your entire resolutions list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll blink and it's going to be 2019, aaah! I totally feel you about blogging, it is tough to balance time beetween it and school or work and sometimes you are inspired but with no clue what to write about. Thank you so much for your wishes, Meaghan! Good luck on blogging! I'm sure you'll do amazing. xx ♥

      Delete